By SAIRAC Cape Town Committee
The SAIRAC Cape Town centre hosted their long-awaited annual golf day on Thursday 19 May 2022 at the Parow Golf Club.
Attended by the who’s who in the industry, all players were eagerly awaiting tee-off to not only show off their green prowess while enjoying a day out of office, but most importantly, to fight for the title as “Best Overall Team” out of the Western Cape HVAC industry.
The 17 four-balls tee’d off at 12:00 – luckily with the weather playing along as the previous day as well as the morning of the event saw cold and wet weather conditions almost halt proceedings. Thankfully, that did not dampen the spirits of all participating players, and the poor weather subsided, allowing some players the opportunity to quickly get in some green practice before tee-off.
With nothing being able to cool down the enthusiasm of players, and all the jostling for the honours of best team of the day, wet greens and a prevailing wind made the tournament just that much more exciting and challenging. Thanks to the valued sponsors, the four drinks holes saw just as much action and enthusiasm with players taking the opportunity to network over a cold refreshment.
A quick splash-and-dash halfway house stop and off went the players again in the battle for the top position.
After all teams had made their final putt for the day, well-deserved refreshment and networking continued in earnest. The enthusiasm also did not stop there as all players eagerly awaited the final results at prize giving – with many calling the victory early but the final results gave the first place team of the day to AERSA Apollo Air, with each player winning a portable air conditioning unit curtesy of Metraclark.
Congratulations to all the players who made the event possible and one of the most memorable in years.
- 1st Place – Team Aersa Apollo Air (Kevin Huisamen, Anton Alberts, Paul Louw, Riaan van Zyl) – 104 points
- 2nd Place – Team Reftec Refrigeration – 90 points
- 3rd Place – Team Energy Partners – 86 points
- 4th Place – Team Saint-Gobain Gyprol – 85 points
- 5th Place – Team Daikin Chardonnay – 82 points
- 6th Place – Team Advantage Air – 76 points
- 7th Place – Team Filtamatix – 74 points
- 8th Place – Team African Cooling Systems – 73 points
- 9th Place – Team Metraclark Emerson – 70 points
- 10th Place – Team Metraclark Carrier – 68 points
- 11th Place – Team Metraclark Sinclair – 67 points
- 12th Place – Team Electromechanica – 67 points
- 13th Place – Team Livance Midea – 65 points
- 14th Place – Team A-Gas – 63 points
- 15th Place – Team Daikin Pinotage – 56 points
- 16th Place – Team Fourways – 52 points
- 17th Place – Team EBM Papst – 43 points
- Best individual player of the day – Kalvin Huisamen
- Longest drive 18th hole – Kalvin Huisamen
- Closest second shot 8th hole – Regard Brand
- Closest to the pin 17th hole – Dean Sanan
- Lucky draw:
- Jorrie Jordaan – Winner of the air purifier sponsored by Daikin
- Lance Killian – Winner of the air conditioning unit sponsored by Kovco. Coil treatment sponsored by Bluchem
- Filtamatix’ favourite golfer – Prize awarded by Filtamatix team
On conclusion of the Prize Giving, dinner was served with all players and industry attendees enjoying the opportunity to once again socialise and network over a delightful meal, while re-visiting some of the highlights of the day.
A special thanks to all the participating sponsors for the SAIRAC CT Golf Day, with a special mention to Metraclark, A-Gas, EBM Papst and Filtamatix for the drinking hole sponsorship, as all players appreciated the opportunity to network and re-charge for the next holes!
The drinks and snacks holes on the day were enjoyed by all players.
We could not have made this such a special day without the valued support from each role player as listed below:
- Parow Golf Club
- Advantage Air
- Aersa/Apollo Air
- African Cooling Systems
- Air Movement Supplies (AMS)
- Energy Partners
- Fourways Group
- IWC (Tektower)
- Livance (Midea)
- Metraclark Carrier
- Metraclark Emmerson
- Metraclark Sinclair
- Reftec Refrigeration
- Saint-Gobain Gyproc
- SAIRAC Western Cape
We would also like to thank all SAIRAC Cape Town Committee members, especially Rozelle Steenkamp and Jacques Mouton for all the hard work, planning and preparation that went into making this golf day so memorable and successful.