Carrier is in the process of expanding its line of WeatherExpert packaged rooftop units with the new high outdoor air system, a light commercial rooftop unit capable of conditioning up to 100% outdoor air.
Able to operate with up to 100% outdoor air for ventilation or make-up air or building ventilation, the WeatherExpert high outdoor air systems can pair with space air conditioning and heating systems, such as Carrier VRF, water source heat pumps or rooftop units, to provide a complete HVAC solution for schools, hotels or office buildings.
Carrier A Series Rooftop products are pre-wired and charged with refrigerant and tested in both cooling and heating modes at the factory. All models feature an industrial grade cabinet with fully hinged access panels. Superior supply fan performance with up to 3.5 in. external static pressure is standard.
Units are available in Constant Volume (CV), Staged Air Volume (SAV) or Variable Air Volume (VAV) applications. A wide variety of gas options are available. Units come standard with ComfortLink™ control and Scroll compressors on dual independent TXV controlled refrigeration circuits.
- High-efficiency scroll compressors (digital compressor available)
- Two-stage cooling on Constant Volume and Staged Air Volume units, with multiple adaptive demand control for up to 5 stages of cooling capacity
- Cooling operation range up to 120° F ambient and down to 35° F ambient
- ComfortLink control includes: easy to use scrolling marquee display, service diagnostics, run test capabilities, demand limit capability, compressor reverse rotation protection and BACnet communication option
- California Energy Commission Title 24 Compliant
- Meet or exceed the EER requirements of ASHRAE Standard 90.1, rated in accordance with ARI Standard 340/360
- Tested in accordance with UL Standard 1995 and listed by ETL and ETL, Canada
- Large, hinged service access doors
- On-board diagnostics include refrigerant pressure sensors
- Double wall design available
- Shipped with R-410A refrigerant charge
- Single point electrical service entry, through unit bottom or side
- Lifting lugs
- Dual electrically and mechanically independent refrigeration circuits with coil frost protection, liquid line filter driers and crankcase heaters standard on all models
- Compressor protection includes high and low pressure transducers with safety cutouts
- Circuit breaker protection for all power components
- Cabinet made of pre-painted, galvanised steel with baked enamel finish, which meets ASTM B117 salt spray resistance
- Condenser-fan motors are totally enclosed, with internal protection
- Direct spark ignition, Alumagard Coated Turbo-tubular heat exchangers, and induced draft combination provide for safety and reliability
- Reliable Integrated Gas Unit Controller (IGC) provides system evaluation and troubleshooting via on-board LED and two stage gas valves with redundant 100% shutoff
Standard limited warranty:
- One year parts only on all other parts
- Three-year parts only on Novation condenser coil
- Five-year non pro-rated warranty on heat exchanger