The 2021 ASHRAE Virtual Annual Conference technical programme is now available, with sessions running from 28-30 June.
The technical programme includes eight tracks comprised of 100 live and on-demand sessions, and sessions addressing issues related to the Covid-19 pandemic. The full schedule of live events can be found here.
“The HVAC community continues to respond to the fundamental changes experienced in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, by addressing challenges in how we design, build and operate buildings,” said Christine Reinders, conference chair. “The 2021 ASHRAE Virtual Annual Conference will focus on critical environments and future proofing. The technical program fosters sharing of knowledge to allow us all to serve our communities and solve society’s greatest challenges.”
On 29 June 2021, ASHRAE’s Epidemic Task Force will present a live session titled Covid-19 Pandemic and Built Environment: Update on ASHRAE’s Response, addressing equivalent outdoor air, risk reduction and other topics. This session will be followed by an update from ASHRAE’s newly formed Task Force on Building Decarbonisation.
All live seminars include a Q&A session via a chat box, PDH credits and are recorded. In addition, live forums and panel discussions are interactive through Zoom.
Highly anticipated live sessions include:
- Fundamentals of Climate Change
- Reducing Ozone: A Critical Factor in Improving IAQ
- Research Programs and Funding Opportunities
- Solving BACnet/SC Management Challenges
- Energy Management Best Practices for Data Centres
- Smoother Workflow for Controls Sequence Delivery
- Indoor Air Quality and ASHRAE Standard 62.1 MENA (ASHRAE Learning Institute short course presented by the ASHRAE Global Training Centre in Dubai)
Conference tracks include:
- Fundamentals and Applications
- HVAC&R Systems and Equipment
- Research Summit
- Professional Development
- Design, Control and Operation of Critical Environments
- HVAC&R for Indoor Plants and Animals
- Future Proofing – Renewable, Regenerative and Resilient
The conference also includes updates from Society leaders and virtual networking events.
Outgoing ASHRAE President Charles E. Gulledge III, P.E. will provide his farewell address on the 2020-21 Society theme, “The ASHRAE Digital Lighthouse and Industry 4.0.” 2021-22 ASHRAE President Mick Schwedler will present his inaugural address on “Personal Growth. Global Impact. Feed the Roots.” Members will be recognized for the industry and Society accomplishments throughout the conference during Honours and Awards segments.
Major contributors to ASHRAE’s Building campaign and scholarship donors will also be recognized.
The cost to attend the virtual conference is $285 for ASHRAE members ($505 for non-members, which includes an ASHRAE membership for one year). For additional pricing, please visit ashrae.org/2021annual. Company packages are available at a discounted price per person.
Conference registration includes:
- Virtual networking events and sponsor hall
- Downloadable copies of all conference proceedings
- PDHs, LEED AP credits and AIA learning units available
- Access to all technical sessions for 18 months
- Access to the course on Indoor Air Quality and ASHRAE Standard 62.1 MENA
For the full technical program and to register, visit ashrae.org/2021annual.