This course will be presented by Francois Schoombie who holds a N.Dip. Mech Eng. TUT (Tswane University of Technology) 2001. He studied mechanical engineering at the then Pretoria Technikon, and started with practical training in the HVAC market and is still very much hooked. Currently he holds a position at Ebmpapst South Africa as Technical Manager.
The skills gap found in the industry is well known and much talked about. These courses are aimed at the gap that exists between the artisan / technician level and engineers.
Upon completion of this course, you should have an understanding of:
- Mechanics: Part 1 – static (mass, force, lever), kinematics (velocity, rotation, speed, torque), dynamic (work, energy, power, efficiency)
- Part 2 – difference between external vs. internal rotor motor, test reports (torque characteristics of AC-motors), understand balance & balance quality grade
- Fluid mechanics: theory – physical quantities & SI units, Bernoulli equation, law of continuity, flow resistance, interrelation between physical quantities (air flow, pressure, performance) Fluidic flow engines – types, characteristics & features, operating performance (centrifugal, axial, diagonal, tangential)
- Operating behaviour – fan operation in series & parallel + examples
- Mounting examples and possible disturbances – mounting conditions & relevant disturbance variables
- Measurement and test engineering – different measuring methods (air flow, pressure and performance), evaluate results. Types of test rigs (AMCA/DIN/EN/ISO)
- Operating behaviour exercises – how to handle formulas for different characteristics under conditions of: single fan, speed changes, changes of installation characteristics, parallel & serial mounting of fans, possibilities to achieve recommended duty points.
- Acoustics: Part 1 – sound frequencies and determining factors with fans, effect of sound on human hearing, frequency analysis of noise, octave band, effects of several distances, effects of number of sources of sound, unwanted noise.
Venue: This will be an online Zoom course presented over three evenings.
Dates: 10, 17 & 24 May 2022
Time: 18h00 till 21h00
Cost: R1653 for members / R2019 for non-members
Please note that SAIRAC courses are very popular with limited space available, please book early.
The formula of having selected professionals presenting within their specific field of expertise adds value to the SAIRAC training. In this sense the SAIRAC courses are unique. Mariet Pieterse – 082 772 1694 / email@example.com is managing the bookings and can be contacted with regards to general queries, booking queries, confirmation, and availability.
To sign up please click here.
In order to bring some of the vast experience out in industry back into training, SAIRAC is on the lookout for senior members of industry to present SAIRAC courses. Should you be interested in taking up the challenge and be involved with the presentation of any of the courses please contact Mariet Pieterse – 0827721694 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Coupled to the training is an opportunity for senior people in industry who may be interested to share their experience with the younger generation, or possibly just a passion to become involved in training and offer their expertise and experience in such evening classes.