By Eamonn Ryan | All photos by © RACA Journal | Eamonn Ryan
The 34th annual SAIRAC Golf Day was held at Ebotse Link Golf Course on 10 March 2023.
Centre chairman Gregory Grobbelaar says: “As always, we had a full field of players and industry presence on almost all the tee boxes. The day was a huge success and all industry members attending had an entertaining day.”
RACA Journal was there, as well as a team from publisher Interact Media Defined, to capture the day on camera.
Grobbelaar continues: “On behalf of the SAIRAC Johannesburg committee, I would like to extend a special thank you to all our sponsors. Without you the day would not have been possible.” He extends a “big thank you” to the following sponsors: A-Gas, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Academy (ACRA), Atlas Truck, Advantage Air, Baltimore Aircoil Company SA (BAC), Danfoss, Evapco SA, Filta-Matix, IWC, Metraclark, SAIRAC, TecsaReco, Testo South Africa.
Team winners of the day
Johannesburg committee members presented the following prizes:
- Winners: HC Heat. The four-ball winning the Baltimore Air Coil floating trophy, branded golf bags and umbrellas, caps, Land Rover golf towels and a bottle of wine each (sponsored by BAC and Land Rover East Rand) was handed out by Brett Keung to team HC Heat, consisting of: Frikkie Klein, Selmo das Neves, Morne Hatting and Tiaan Venter.
- Second place: A-Gas. Sponsored by IWC and Land Rover East Rand, 2nd prize was awarded to A-Gas team: Gareth Brown, Werner Terblanche, Philip Taylor and Mark Setaro.
- Third place: BAC. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 3rd prize was awarded to BAC team: Brett Keung, Michael Williams, Miguel Jardim and Johnny Jardim.
- Fourth place: Dunham Bush. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 4th prize was awarded to Dunham Bush team: Marcel Marques, Charl Viljoen, Leon JV Vuuren and Morne Meyer.
- Fifth place: Filta-Matix. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 5th prize was awarded to Filta-Matix team: Marius Esterhuizen, Juan Harding, Dave Samons and Dennis Joesph.
- Sixth place: DDCS. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 6th prize was awarded to DDCS team: Karen Wilson, Johan Swanepoel, Graham Dick and Hugo Pienaar.
- Seventh place: AFMS. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 7th prize was awarded to AFMS team: Jaco Verster, Morrison Smit, Riaan du Plessis and Theo van der Linde.
- Eighth place: TecsaReco. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 8th prize was awarded to TecsaReco team: Jurie Benade, Gareth Smit, Chris Jardim and Danie le Roux.
- Ninth place: Trox SA. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 9th prize was awarded to Trox SA team: Deon Classen, Edward Saffy, Darren McManus and Derek de Witt.
- Tenth place: Atlas Truck. Sponsored by SAIRAC, 10th prize was awarded to Atlas Truck team: Jaco van der Merwe, Marius Strydom, Llewellyn Rossouw and Hano JV Rensburg.
Individual winners of the day
- Longest drive 18th hole: Poena Oosthuizen from Team SIRAC. Sponsored by TecsaReco.
- Longest drive 5th hole: Patson Ndhlova, sponsored by Metraclark and A-Gas.
- Nearest to the pin 15th hole: Dennis Joseph from team Filta-Matix. Sponsored by ACRA.
- Nearest to the pin 11th hole: Steven Barrett from team HC Heat. Sponsored by Atlas Truck.
- Nearest to the pin 8th hole: Gareth Brown from team A-Gas. Sponsored by IWC.
- Nearest to the pin 2nd hole: Shane Roets from team Independence. Sponsored by Evapco.
- The Longest Day: IWC, and also sponsored by IWC: Kyle Vermaak, Kyle Moodley, Byron Taylor and Jess Powell.
- The best sponsored hole chosen by the club: TecsaReco hole 18.
- The best dressed four ball selected by the club: Group in purple and black, team Atlas Truck: Jaco van der Merwe, Marius Strydom, Llewellyn Rossouw and Jano JV Rensburg.
- Putting green competition: Niel Fourie from team HC Heat, Sponsored by Filta-Matix.
- Most charming/charismatic golfer: Frikkie Kleyn from team HC Heat.
- Red ball competition: Stephan Fourie from Metraclark.
- Best individual SAIRAC non-member: Gareth Brown from A-Gas.
- Best individual SAIRAC member: Barry Wallet from RPM Group.
“A big thank you to Mariet Pieterse, the SAIRAC Johannesburg secretary, and Jaco Pieterse, the SAIRAC Past-President, for helping to arrange an excellent day,” concluded Grobbelaar.