The ongoing generation change within Eurovent has brought, among other changes, a major shift in the board of directors. The recent changes entered into force during the association’s 66th general assembly 2022, in Malaga.
Following the recent resignation of three members of the Eurovent board (Bengt Andersson – Lindab, Thomas Schraeder – VDMA, Torsten Sondergaard – FläktGroup), the Eurovent general assembly filled these functions with newly appointed members (Fabien Buffard – FläktGroup, Ilkka Salo – Talteka, Jan-Erik Kleven – Camfil).
Ilkka Salo, managing director of Talteka (Finnish Building Services Industries and Trade Association) was also recently elected as the Eurovent commission vice-chairman and has been a member of the commission since 2004.
Fabien Buffard, FläktGroup’s chief product strategy & marketing officer, brings forth experience in the HVACR products, projects, and marketing strategy, as well as extensive work within the activities of Eurovent Certita Certification.
Jan-Erik Kleven, Camfil Norway’s managing director brings insight to the board as he also represents Norwegian suppliers working in the ventilation, cooling, and heat pump systems.
The new Eurovent board of directors consists of (ordered in alphabetical order by last name):
- Ozan Atasoy (AiolosAir/ISKID, Turkey)
- Mikael Borjesson (Swegon/Svensk Ventilation, Sweden)
- Fabien Buffard (FläktGroup/VDMA, Germany)
- Raul Corredera Haener (Systemair/AFEC, Spain) – president
- Mariano Covolo (MEHITS/Assoclima, Italy)
- Frank Grundholm (ABB/VELTEK Ventilation, Denmark)
- David Jacobs (BAC/Agoria, Belgium)
- Eric Jasikas (Carrier/Uniclima, France)
- Jan-Erik Kleven (Camfil/VKE, Norway)
- Henk Kranenberg (Daikin/NVKL, Netherlands) – vice-president
- Lennart Ostergaard (VELTEK Ventilation, Denmark) – borne board member
- Ilkka Salo (Talteka, Finland) – borne board member
- Pedro Silva (Sandometal/EFRIARC, Portugal)
Eurovent thanks the departing board members for their long-term support of Eurovent and the European industry, and warmly welcomes the new additions to the Eurovent board.
Industry role players will have a chance to learn more about the new board of directors during an upcoming summer series introducing profiles of all its members. Save the date for next year’s Annual Meeting, which will be hosted in May 2023 by Eurovent’s Dutch Member Associations Binnenklimaat Nederland and NVKL in the Netherlands.