ASHRAE has announced a call for presentations for the 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference to be held 22-24 September in Denver, Colorado. The theme for the conference is ‘Design and Operation for Resilient and Healthy Buildings’.
“The past year has brought forward new challenges for the design and operation of new and existing buildings, in particular challenges related to the health and well-being of occupants,” said John Bynum, conference chair. “Additionally, interest in embodied energy and operational emissions continues to grow across the industry due to regulatory and other drivers. This conference will provide an opportunity for building professionals across disciplines to share and learn about these topics and many others as we continue to work towards a better built environment.”
Building performance analysis professionals and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for individual presentations between 20-30 minutes in length or 90 minute panel or seminar sessions. Proposals can cover a broad range of topics addressing the needs of the building performance analysis community. Creative and interactive presentation formats are strongly encouraged.
The 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference requests the following submission types:
- Individual presentations on projects, research or career/business development topics.
- Panel with 3-4 industry experts on a current topic of interest or team case study.
- Seminar session with a chair and 1-4 speakers on one of the topic areas.
- Modelling Advances
- Cost Effective and Efficient Modelling for Design Support and Facilitation
- Modelling for Greenhouse Gas Targets
- Modelling for Embodied Energy
- Modelling Existing Buildings
- Occupant Behaviour and Comfort
- Occupant Health and Wellbeing
- Passive Survivability and Resiliency
- Innovations in Passive and Hybrid Heating and Cooling
- Modelling for the Future
- Urban Scale Modelling
- Measurement and Verification
- Intelligent Building Operations
- Lighting and Daylighting
- CFD Applications for Architectural Decision Making
The 7th ASHRAE LowDown Showdown Building Modelling Competition will also be held in conjunction with this conference. More details on the competition will be announced in coming weeks.
Presentation proposals will be accepted from 8 February through to 19 March, 2021. If accepted, presentations will be due August 6, 2021.
For a full list of presentation topics and more information, visit ashrae.org/buildperform2021