The 2021 ASHRAE virtual Winter Conference is taking place between 9 and 11 February 2021. The online format of the conference will allow for global participation with a group of the world’s leading presenters delivering timely and useful industry content.
“ASHRAE’s Virtual Winter Conference will include three-days packed with learning and live discussions from top experts,” said ASHRAE President Charles E. Gulledge III, P.E. “This is the perfect platform and opportunity for built environment professionals to take advantage of the Society’s strong technical content. The conference will provide us the opportunity to amplify ASHRAE’s important research and resources to address the challenges of the times we’re living in.”
The conference will feature nearly 98 live and on-demand sessions with updates from Society leaders and virtual networking events. Technical sessions will address building performance, Covid-19, energy conservation, refrigerants, ethics, equipment and standards.
During the weeks leading up to the conference, ASHRAE will also conduct virtual business, committee and technical meetings that are typically held during onsite at the Winter Conference.
The cost to attend the virtual conference is USD249 for ASHRAE members (USD479 for non-members, which includes an ASHRAE membership for one year).
- More than 35 technical sessions presented live, including sessions scheduled for live participation from attendees in different time zones across the globe.
- Leadership Moments providing updates from society leaders.
- Keynote presentation hosted by Women in ASHRAE.
- Live 30-minute forum sessions for interactive participation.
- Opportunities to interact with fellow attendees in 30-minute round table discussions and meet-ups.
- Recognition of more than 150 award recipients of ASHRAE’s most prestigious society awards.
- Conference proceedings. Download the technical papers, conference papers and extended abstracts.
- 26 live Q&A chat sessions for on-demand paper session for the opportunity to chat with speakers scheduled on Friday, February 12.
- All sessions presented live will be recorded and available on-demand until August 11, 2022.
- Over 80 additional on-demand sessions accessible on your terms for 18 months.
The technical programme is comprised of eight tracks, exploring occupant comfort, energy systems use and examining how to improve HVAC efficiency on a global scale.
“Engineers and designers are being tasked to take closer looks at buildings and their systems to provide comfort to the occupants while also finding ways to reduce the impact on the environment and energy use,” said Maggie Moninski, chair of the 2021 ASHRAE Virtual Winter Conference. “The 2021 Winter Conference attendees will be given a great opportunity to learn from some of the leaders of the industry with a focus on the foundations of the HVAC&R industry along with specialty topics like International Design and the Future of HVAC Work.”
ASHRAE President, Gulledge III, P.E. will provide an update on the 2020-21 Society theme, The ASHRAE Digital Lighthouse and Industry 4.0. Members will be recognized for the industry and Society accomplishments. Major contributors to ASHRAE’s Building campaign, RP campaign and scholarship donors will also be recognized.
Professional development hours can be earned for all on-demand sessions and more than 35 live sessions upon successfully completing a short quiz. Registration includes access to all the technical content on-demand for 18 months. Company packages are also available.
To learn more and to register, visit ashrae.org/2021winter