This course will be presented by Mr Jannie Potgieter. Potgieter studied mechanical engineering at the North West University and holds both B.Eng and M.Eng degrees. Potgieter currently works at Thermologika as a consulting engineer where he specialises in the analysis, design, and development of thermal fluid systems.
The skills gap found in the industry is well known and much talked about. These courses are aimed at the gap that exists between the artisan / technician level and engineers.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various thermodynamic properties of moist air.
- Use these properties to analyse conditions and processes involving moist air.
- Use psychrometric charts to establish the interrelationship between these properties from the charts.
- Perform the calculations necessary in respect to the removal or addition of sensible and latent heat from space to be air conditioned.
- Illustrate the various processes on a psychrometric chart in order to simplify their calculations.
- Perform basic psychrometric calculations using software and excel.
Venue: This will be an online course presented over three evenings.
Dates: 6, 13 & 20 July 2022
Time: 18h00 till 21h00
Cost: R1653 for members | R2019 for non-members
Please note that SAIRAC courses are very popular with limited space available, please book early.
The formula of having selected professionals presenting within their specific field of expertise adds value to the SAIRAC training. In this sense the SAIRAC courses are unique. Mariet Pieterse – 082 772 1694 / firstname.lastname@example.org is managing the bookings and can be contacted with regards to general queries, booking queries, confirmation, and availability.
To sign up please click here.
In order to bring some of the vast experience out in the industry back into training, SAIRAC is on the lookout for senior members of industry to present SAIRAC courses. Should you be interested in taking up the challenge and be involved with the presentation of any of the courses please contact Mariet Pieterse – 0827721694 / email@example.com. Coupled to the training is an opportunity for senior people in industry who may be interested to share their experience with the younger generation, or possibly just a passion to become involved in training and offer their expertise and experience in such evening classes.